Date: Thursday 30 May 2013
Join us for Acropolis Museum Tour
Our meeting point is outside Acropolis Museum infront of the monumental marble staircase and you will see me holding a sign with my logo “Athens Walking Guide”. The tour has 1h and 30 minutes duration. Acropolis Museum tours is conducted daily, except Mondays.
The New Acropolis Museum as an international museum offers a unique visiting experience. It is not only a master piece of modern architecture, designed by Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi in co-operation with the Greek architect Michalis Photiadis, but also has a must- see collection of the fragmented history of Acropolis. It covers a total area of 25,000 square meters, with exhibition space of over 14,000 square meters and was completed in 2007. It also includes an open air museum that it is visible while you are walking on glass floors. With Athens Walking Guide we explore the history of the highlighted artifacts and we go further on a dialogue that makes bridges with the archaeological sites of Athens and the repatronisation of antiquities.
- To run the tour we need a minimum capacity of 3 persons
- Duration 1 hour and 30 minutes
- The tour is conducted daily, except Monday
- We highly recommend to book this tour after lunch time (aprox 14.15 p.m.) to avoid the heat of Athens.
- Athens Walking Guide Tours will match the price of our competitors
- Cost of entrance tickets of the archaeological sites